Posted at 19 May, 17:29h in Resources
A hospital stay or long-term health problem can turn your life upside down. You may need to make some tough choices. And you may feel overwhelmed with new information and not sure where to get help and support.
That’s why we have a team of registered nurses, supported by clinical experts, who are trained to help during these stressful times. They’re called nurse care managers, and they are your health care advocates. Their goal is to understand your needs from all angles and help you get the best care possible. For instance, depending on your needs, a nurse care manager might help you:
- Find out more about your health issue and your treatment options.
- Talk with your doctors and the rest of your health care team — and encourage them to talk with each other.
- Review your health plan to help you save money and get the most value from your plan.
- Connect with resources near you, like home care services and community health programs.
- Take steps to make healthy changes in your life.